How to Enable 2-Step Verification in Dropbox Account
Finally Dropbox introduced Two Step Verification to improve security just like Google 2-Step Verification. So your confidential files in your Dropbox are even more secure in cloud.
For enabling 2 step verification, you can choose two different options, a 6-digit security codes on your mobile phone via text messages if you are using Dropbox in your smartphone you can download the Authenticator app and generate time-sensitive codes locally on the phone itself.
Also Read → How to recover deleted files from Dropbox
Here are the steps to enable Two Step Verification →[unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- Go to Dropbox Security page.
- At the bottom Account Sign in section you can see a new option Two-step verification. If you are not getting this option you need to install Dropbox’s latest build which you can download from the Dropbox forum.
- Click on “change” and you will get a pop-up, click Get Started and enter your Dropbox password.
- If you choose Use Text Messages, you will receive a 6-digit code in your mobile. Alternately, if you select Use a Mobile app, scan the provided QR code using your Smartphone and follow the instructions.
- If you opt Text message, enter your mobile number and you will then get a validation code. Enter the code received and you are done.
- Also you will get a backup code that you should write down in a safe place, this will be required if you ever lose your mobile phone and need to access your Dropbox account.