Samsung Galaxy S4 Unveiled – Complete Specs, New Features and Price
Samsung has finally unveiled its latest flagship Galaxy S4 today. It comes with lot of new features in both hardware and software and awesome specs. The Galaxy S4 packs in a 4.99-inch Super-AMOLED display with Full HD (1920*1080) resolution, an Exynos 5 Octa eight-core processor in the international version and a quad-core Snapdragon chipset in the U.S. version, a 13-megapixel rear camera, up to 64GB of storage, 2GB of RAM, microSDXC support and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Complete Specification of Samsung Galaxy S4
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network LTE (market dependent)
- SIM Micro-SIM
- Dimensions 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm (5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 in)
- Weight 130 g (4.59 oz)
- DISPLAY Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.99 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- TouchWiz UI
- Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker Yes
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- GPRS Yes
- EDGE Yes
- Speed HSDPA, 42.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, EDR, LE
- Infrared port Yes
- USB Yes, microUSB v2.0 (MHL), USB On-the-go, USB Host
- Primary 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Features Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, HDR
- Video Yes, [email protected]
- Secondary Yes, 2 MP, [email protected]
- OS Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Chipset Exynos 5 Octa 5410
- CPU Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- GPU PowerVR SGX 544MP3
- Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Colors White Frost, Black Mist
New Features in Samsung Galaxy s4
Smart Scroll: May be the most anticipated feature in galaxy S4, which is designed to let users control the screen by where they look. You can scroll the browser or emails up and down without even touching the screen. It recognizes your face looking at the screen and movement of your wrist and then scrolls the pages up or down accordingly.
Smart Pause: when you are watching a video, the video pauses when you look away then it starts right up again when you are back.
Dual Camera: You can take simultaneous photos and videos using both the rear and front cameras, then blend the pictures together.
Group Play: means you can play music up to 8 devices simultaneously and share photos and play multiplayer games with those around you, without requiring a Wi-Fi AP or cellular signal.
Story Album: Templates that allow you to create a digital photo journal or scrapbook from a certain event. You can also then order and print out that story album for a fee.
Air View: It allows you to hover with your fingers to preview the content of an email, S Planner, image gallery or video without having to open it
Air Gesture: You can change a music track, scroll up and down a web page, or accept a call with a wave of your hand.
Adapt Display: Adapt Display can automatically change display settings, like brightness, contrast and such, depending on the content rendered. For instance if you are reading an article, it will illuminate from a more muted brightness.
S Voice Drive: New hands-free function for drivers that allows the driver to operate the phone with his or her voice and a navigation system built right-in. Thus, it can answer calls, read or type messages and also take notes, for you.
S Health: The Galaxy S4 has a built-in pedometer to count your steps, and you can take photos of your meals each day to keep count of your calories and eating habits.
Availability and Price of Galaxy S4
The price of the Galaxy S4 hasn’t been announced yet. The Galaxy S4 will come in both 3G and 4G versions and it will support a variety of international networks.
Galaxy S4 will be launching on 327 carriers in 155 countries, starting at the end of April 2013.
Once the price and other details will be available, we will update here, so stay tuned